Opening Night, Red Carpet Gala, Reception and Screening of SATAN and ADAM with filmmaker V. Scott Balcerek and special musical guests at the Walled Garden Theatre.
All-Access Pass - Director’s Circle
Director’s Circle Contribution: $500 BBD
- Screening of INTO THE OKAVANGO followed by filmmaker Q&A with National Geographic Filmmaker Neil Gelinas
- SPECIAL VIP EVENT at the Walled Garden Theatre – TO BE ANNOUNCED
- BEHIND THE LENS DISCUSSION & DOUBLE FEATURE. Join us for an enthralling daytime double feature enhanced by a Women in Film discussion with award-winning filmmakers (Lone Scherfig, Nia Da’Costa, Nijla Mu’min and Vashti Anderson). The afternoon will include screenings of the feature length narratives JINN (Mu’min) and MOKO JUMBIE )Anderson. Refreshments will be served.
- Academy Award-winning conductor and orchestrator Howard Shore presents the film HUGO by Martin Scorsese at this Walled Garden Theatre event. Mr. Shore has composed the music to blockbuster films such as The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Aviator, The Twilight Saga and has 93 film credits to his name and counting.
Local Filmmaker Night featuring PANAMA DREAMS and THE LAND WE CALL HOME at the Walled Garden Theatre
Surfs Up screening of the short film, PAIGE – about the surfer Paige Alms, followed by the Australian feature length drama BREATH at Copa Cabana Beach Club.
Screening of LITTLE WOODS and post-screening discussion with filmmaker Nia Da’Costa (2018 winner of the Nora Ephron Screen Writing prize at Tribeca Film Festival) at the Walled Garden Theatre.
- Barbados premiere of CARGO, a thrilling drama from Bahamian filmmaker Kareem Mortimerat the Walled Garden Theatre.
- Cine Cuisine at Copacabana Beach Club. The event couples delicious, sustainable food samplings under the direction of Slowfood Barbados and a screening of WASTED: THE STORY OF FOOD WASTE, executive produced by the late Anthony Bourdain. A post film Q&A and discussion with the filmmakers and local experts follows.
Canadian Film Night presents the screening of RUMBLE: INDIANS WHO ROCKED THE WORLD at the Walled Garden Theatre featuring rock guitarist Stevie Salas and filmmaker Christina Fon, followed by a reception. Event sponsored by the Canadian High Commission.
Cinema Under the Stars event screening of the Harry Belafonte documentary SING YOUR SONG at the Walled Garden Theatre with post-screening Q&A with filmmaker Susanne Rostock and music from the man who brought Calypso to global audiences and has been a champion of civil rights for decades.
Shorts On The Beach & Final Festival Film – Join us for our free to the public screening at the Southern Palms Hotel on Dover Beach. Sponsored by the US Embassy and the Southern Palms Hotel, SOTB screens super short films that tell stories about our oceans. A crowd pleasing feature film will follow – Title to be announced.
The Ultimate Festival Experience giving you unparalleled access to events throughout the festival
For the most all-inclusive BIFF experience, you are given unparalleled access throughout the festival. Perfect for corporate entertaining or the film lover who simply wants VIP access to all festival screenings, parties and events at an exceptional price. Festival pass holders receive preferential VIP seating at all screenings and recognition in the Festival program and at Special Events, plus an official Festival shirt.
Proceeds support BIFF and its mission to promote Barbados’ cultural industries and the revitalization of the Garrison District’s UNESCO World Heritage Site.